Director of Teaching and Learning
Director of Teaching and Learning
The Director of Teaching and Learning is committed to improving academic achievement for all students by ensuring a rigorous and relevant curriculum and will have a background in developing and implementing school improvement, curricular, instructional, and change initiatives. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated aptitude for working collaboratively and effectively with students, staff, and community, knowledge of principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership, and coordination of people and resources, and the ability to apply research and data to curricular and instructional design and decision-making.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Instructional Coaching
- Work with the CEO with all items related to values, mission, Operations (enrollment, budget, HR), school culture and Scholar Code of Conduct, Advisory, and College Programming.
- Coach Instructional Coaches on instructional coaching.
- Ensure Instructional Coaching tools are practiced with fidelity by Instructional Coaches.
- Assist or Lead Professional Development according to the needs of teachers.
- Monitor Instructional Coaching goals and data.
- Work with the CEO to identify, practice with fidelity, and assess evaluation tools, data dashboards, meeting schedules and agendas, and other tools for improvement.
2. Professional Development
- Analyze School assessment data, surveys, and culture and rigor audits to help craft Professional Development sessions.
- Organize a year-at-a-glance calendar for state and other standardized tests including, but not limited to, NWEA, PSAT and SAT.
- Provide PD opportunities either off-site or in-house for testing coordinators as needed.
- 5. Outstanding Academic Achievement and Scholar Character Development
- Help create aspirational, positive, achievement-oriented, joyful, and data-driven classrooms that excites and invests scholars.
- Lead Educators and Leaders to motivate scholars to reach and manifest high academic and behavioral standards.
- Ensure learning environments of respectful, achievement-oriented, optimistic, persistent, team-oriented, and joyful learners exist across campuses.
6. Manager of Teaching and Learning State Compliance
- Evaluate curricula, teaching methods, technology, and programs to determine their effectiveness, efficiency, and use, and to ensure that school activities increase achievement for all students, and comply with federal, state, and local regulations including personal curriculum.
- Assist Principals in the SIP process to ensure deadlines and compliance are met.
- Certify campuses have MTSS systems that maximize scholar growth.
- Certify campuses have SPED systems that maximize scholar growth.
7. All Other Duties As Assigned
Educational Background and Work Experience
- Minimum of five years of teaching experience with a proven record of high scholar achievement.
- Administrator certification required.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, Master’s degree highly preferred.
- Willingness to seek valid state certification if needed.
Competitive salary. Commensurate with experience.
If you are hired to fill a vacant position, your employment offer will be contingent upon:
- Proof of your teaching credentials, if applicable;
- Successful completion of your background check;
- Verification of your identity and ability to legally work within the United States.