Jalen Rose Leadership Academy: Biology Teacher (21-22)
We are seeking : High School Biology Teachers
As an educator at Promise Schools you will:
- Continuously improve your expertise in the classroom in collaboration with your peers, accelerating your time to mastery.
- Jump-start your career growth potential. PS is a rapidly expanding network of schools, which means plenty of opportunity for you in the classroom or through our administrator pathway compared to other education organizations.
- Get results. Our mission isn’t accomplished, but the early indicators of success propel us forward. As one example, 90+% of our scholars earn acceptance to a four-year college.
Duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
1. Outstanding academic achievement and student character development
- Live the American Promise Way and be the model of a renaissance learner.
- Create an aspirational, positive, achievement-oriented, joyful, and data-driven classroom that excites and invests students.
- Motivate student to reach and manifest high academic and behavioral standards.
- Build learning environments of respectful, achievement-oriented, optimistic, persistent, team-oriented, and joyful learners.
- Hold all students accountable for proper diligence and behavior in and out of school.
2. Professional learning, development, and growth
- Collaborate with Deans, Captains, Chieftains, Gurus, and other members of the school team to improve instruction, culture, and results.
- Utilize and maximize American Promise Schools’ Pacing Plan, quarterly assessments, data-analysis systems, professional development, and instructional strategies.
- Enthusiastically participate in formal and informal learning and development opportunities.
Strong applicants will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree
- An active Michigan teaching endorsement or ability to demonstrate a clear path to obtain certification in the near future
- At least two years of teaching experience with a proven track record of high student achievement or a new teacher with the demonstrated ability to contribute to closing the achievement gap immediately
- Unrelenting, high expectations for student achievement
- An openness to feedback and collaboration with a solutions-oriented mindset
Education and Experience:
- Two years of teaching experience highly preferred with a proven record of high student achievement.
- Bachelor’s degree from a competitive college or university.
- Possess or is eligible for a valid Michigan teaching license and proper certification.
Experience and Skills:
- Mission driven with extremely high standards for student achievement
- Indefatigable will and spirit
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Strong belief in the Promise Way, mission, values, and model.
- Problem-Solving attitude with incredibly strong work ethic and humility
- A joy of learning and leading with a sense of humor
- Strong instructional and classroom management skills
- Professional level of personal organization and planning
- Willingness to respond positively to feedback with a solutions-oriented attitude
- Mastery of and enthusiasm for subject matter.
Commensurate with experience.